Zanzibar Destination Travel Tips
Make Zanzibar more than just a holiday. Make it an experience!
We have put together a handy Zanzibar Destination Guide and Recommended Day Tours, to help you pack for your post-lockdown holiday and make your holiday memorable.
We have printable PDFs of the Destination Guide and Tours, together with a complete list of all required forms and questionnaires required for your trip listed below.
Leaving Home & Returning Home Important Travel Information
For peace of mind, we recommend pre-printing and completing all the forms and questionnaire listed below:
• Zanzibar Destination Guide (including very important COVID & vaccination requirements for entry to Zanzibar)
• Recommended Day Tours
• South Africa Exit Health Declaration form (leaving home)
• Please complete Zanzibar’s Public Health Surveillance Form online within 24 hours before arrival here. The website can be unstable but it is important to complete this form prior to your departure in order to avoid congestion and internet challenges at Zanzibar Airport.
• Please complete Zanzibar’s Entry / Exit Declaration Form in duplicate. A copy needs to be handed to the Zanzibari customs officials on arrival AND departure.
• South Africa Arrival Health Declaration form (returning home)
*Information about your destination changes all the time.
TravelDoc (https://www.traveldoc.aero/) offers access to travel restriction information as well as an online library that highlights each countries latest regulations with regards to immigration, health and safety.
Familiarise yourself with the departure and return requirements of your destination. In addition to possible visas you may also be required to produce negative PCR Tests, vaccinations certificates, insurance amongst many other documents which vary per destination.
Useful sites for Updated COVID-19 Information:
World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Government COVID-19 Portal: https://sacoronavirus.co.za/
In order to avoid queues on departure from and arrival into South Africa, print out and complete the Exit and Arrival Health Declarations. These will need to be presented to the South African Customs Authorities.
Whilst we strongly recommend that you have comprehensive travel insurance, that will not only cover normal travel emergencies, but will also cover the costs of quarantine in destination should you or your travel companions test positive in the destination, some destinations have made COVID19 insurance a mandatory requirement.
The following companies will be able to assist with your Travel Insurance needs:
· Bryte Insurance: https://www.brytesa.com
· TIC Travel Insurance Consultants: https://www.tic.co.za/travel-insurance
PEACE OF MIND GUARANTEE
• Money back Guarantee – on all Zanzibar flight bookings*
• Peace of Mind – Your well-being is our primary concern. Our hotel & supplier partners are COVID safety approved
• Flexible – We have lots of properties with free cancellation options in case your plans change
• Secure – Fully comprehensive travel insurance available with our packaged holidays
• Safe – Our insurance includes FREE cover for supplier default
*If clients are unable to travel due to border closures in either South Africa or Zanzibar, they will qualify for a full refund on their flights. Valid for travel on our air direct services from Johannesburg to Zanzibar. These T&Cs must be reviewed in conjunction with our complete booking T&Cs found on our website (https://www.africastay.com).
Based on the current global epidemiological situation and emergence of new variants of viruses that cause COVID-19, the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar has decided to strengthen preventive measures especially with regard to International Travel.
*Please note that it remains the relevant country’s health authority’s prerogative to change quarantine and/or COVID protocols, at any given time.